- Friends of Sheba Medical Center, Tel HaShomer (FSMC) is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, based in Los Angeles, which was established in 1970.
- Sheba Medical Center at Tel HaShomer is the most comprehensive medical center in Israel and the entire Middle East. FSMC is dedicated to raising awareness and philanthropic support for Sheba Medical Center’s compassionate clinical care, cutting edge research and comprehensive educational training.
- Sheba Medical Center, Tel HaShomer is recognized internationally for its leadership in clinical treatment as well as basic and applied medical research. It is on a 150 acre campus at Tel HaShomer on the outskirts of Tel Aviv, comprising 120 departments and clinics, 1,700 beds and employing over 1,300 physicians, 2,400 nurses and 3,300 other healthcare workers, scientists and support staff.
- Sheba Medical Center uniquely combines a major Acute Care Hospital with a Rehabilitation Hospital, Women’s Hospital, Children’s Hospital, Laboratory Division, Outpatient Division and an Academic Campus. It is the teaching center for Tel Aviv University’s medical and nursing schools.
- Sheba Medical Center is home to Israel’s national institutes of health, central blood bank and military rehabilitation facilities.
- FSMC has successfully grown over the past 3 years. In 2016, FSMC raised an unprecedented $3,126,000. Historically a Beverly Hills based organization, FSMC has grown both geographically and demographically with expansion throughout Los Angeles and Houston and Austin, Texas. Next steps include but are not limited to Chicago, South Florida, San Francisco and San Diego.
- Besides the Executive Director, FSMC has 3 full-time staff: Senior Director of Outreach and Development, Associate Director of Development and Office Manager; all 3 staff members report to and are supervised by the Executive Director.
- FSMC has a 33 member board of directors which is the legal fiduciary of the organization. The Executive Director reports directly to the board. The Executive Director and the board work in partnership to set the vision for the organization.
- FSMC has a Sheba 2.0/Young Leadership advisory board.
- FSMC has an advisory board in Houston, TX.
- The Executive Director (ED) is a change agent who can provide dynamic forward-thinking leadership with the board of directors, the staff, Friends of Sheba and the community.
- Fund development, board development, budget and finance management, program development, outreach and strategic planning are all managed and driven by the skills and leadership of the ED.
- The ED will be a leader in growing name recognition and support to Sheba Medical Center throughout Los Angeles and all other hubs.
- The ED works in collaboration with senior management at Sheba Medical Center in Israel. This includes, but is not limited to, prioritizing fundraising needs, identifying Sheba Physicians to serve as salon speakers, streamlining of marketing and communications and standardizing material related to donor gifts.
III. Candidate Requirements
- Nonprofit business and management experience
- Great communicator with executive presence and ability to promote, extend and capitalize on the goodwill and reputation of FSMC
- Excellent relationship building
- Record of success in fund development
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience is staff training, supervision and motivation
- Experience in successful board development and strategic planning
- Innovative and intelligent
- Commitment to the health of the State of Israel and its global footprint
IV. Compensation and Benefits
- The compensation for the position is open, within an established range, depending upon qualifications and experience.
- Retirement benefits with 4% employer contribution
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Four weeks’ vacation per year
Please Send Inquiries and Resume to [email protected]
compensation: $15.00 per hour
employment type: part-time
Friends of Sheba Medical Center, Tel HaShomer is non-profit organization and currently seeking a part-time Data Entry Clerk. We are looking for someone with 2-3 years of experience. This person must have experience utilizing Raiser’s Edge.
Requirements/Qualifications for Data Entry Clerk:
- 2-3 years of data entry experience is required.
- Verifying, correcting, deleting unnecessary data, or combining data from several sources before entering into a file.
- Entering information into specific files or forms from recorded material, hand written pages, or figures contained in printed files.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Excel, and an ability to perform mail-merge functions.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, and able to keep accurate records.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
If you have the necessary experience required for this position, please send your updated resume for consideration to [email protected].